Saturday, October 18, 2008

Feeds: Day Three

Today when I checked my feeds two still had no new postings (librarian.net and Library Stuff), but the other two did have new postings. Yay! The NPR Topics: Books feed had a new posting about a new young adult book by Neil Gaiman called The Graveyard Book. The book is about a two-year-old boy who is taken in a raised by ghosts after his family is killed. While it sounds pretty gruesome, the blogger who posted about it recommends it and Gaiman in general. He says "Children as young as 9 will enjoy this sweet, funny and gentle tale; adults will appreciate its deeper undertones." I've never heard of Gaiman, but since I am interested in children's literature I can't help but be intrigued. My Midwestern Microhistory feed had a new post about a mention in the Oct. 8th issue of NEHGS eNews of the website of the Montgomery County Chapter, Ohio Genealogy Society. The blogger then gave a brief overview of the website. While I can see why this would be of interest to someone in genealogy, it didn't hold much interest for me. I noticed again that this is a feed more appropriate for someone in the field than for an interested outsider.

No comments: